Mental Health Service Dog Training
DogKnows Training was established to create training programs for Mental Health Service Dogs that will enable individuals to train their dog using proven and humane dog training methods. Our teams are trained to perform specific tasks that mitigate that person's mental health disabilities as prescribed by their medical care team. This what truly sets our organization apart: We are not a one-size-fits-all approach.
At this time we do not provide service dogs for the following:
- Individuals with mobility disabilities such as paralysis, MS, stroke, TBI, amputations, etc.
- Low vision or individuals who are blind
- Individuals looking for a medical alert dog for diagnosis such as diabetes, seizures and severe allergies
- Individuals who are deaf.
- Dogs for tracking or search and rescue
PLEASE NOTE: Travel to Everett, Washington, is required as part (not every time) of DogKnows Training.
General Eligibility into the DogKnows program will be determined on the following criteria:
Requirements for the Mental Health Service Dog Program: